- Add support for M4V files
- Color the silent segments red in XML exports (when Keep Silent Segments is enabled)
April 28, 2023
- Fix the swapped width/height on vertical videos in FCPXML exports
- Fix the DTD error on some FCPXML exports
April 5, 2023
- Fix an error when using a Recut-made XML file with proxies in Premiere
- Open the Save dialog to the right folder (Mac)
March 14, 2023
- Fix DTD error on some FCPXML files
March 14, 2023
- New keyboard shortcuts:
- Left/Right arrow keys step by one frame. Holding shift moves one second.
- < and > keys nudge selected clips by one frame.
- S key switches selection mode (Clips vs Segments)
- Added undo/redo for deleting Clips
- FCPXML now includes the files in the media browser
- Fixed: on Mac, dragging the playhead no longer gets stuck under the video
- Fixed a couple causes of 'clips not found' errors in DaVinci Resolve exports
- Fixed a timing skew error in DaVinci Resolve exports
- Fixed the timeline ruler scale so that it properly matches the timeline frame rate
- Fixed the -1:-1:-1:-1 timecode display
- Fixed the issue where selected segments would shift incorrectly when a clip was moved
- Fixed the doubled audio tracks in Premiere (they're now merged into 1 stereo track)
- Added hints to the Resolve exporters for multi-track audio
January 31, 2023
- Fix the bug from 3.4.4 that caused waveforms and silent areas to be wildly wrong
January 30, 2023
- Fix rounding errors in FCPXML that could cause clips to bump each other out of position
- Fix DTD error in some FCPXML files
- Fix Invalid Media error in FCPXML exports when some source files have non-zero start times
- Out-of-phase audio no longer appears as an empty waveform
January 7, 2023
- Fix a bug where some audio files with thumbnails would cause the app to hang
- Fix the duration showing incorrectly when files are an exact number of minutes
- Fix a crash when exporting videos
- Fix a hang on some MP3 files with a thumbnail
January 5, 2023
- Windows-only, fixed a bug in 3.4.1 that caused a Missing DLL error on startup
January 5, 2023
- Add a 3x playback speed option
- Add support for files encoded with AV1
- Fix blurry/bad quality video export (the export bitrate now matches the input, plus a little)
- Fix a bug where the export resolution couldn't be changed
November 26, 2022
- Export a timeline while preserving silent sections (cut around them, don't remove them)
- Remember the last-used export app
- Split the timeline into sections and export them as separate videos
- Custom filenames for exported sections
- Clips are now labeled with their filename
- A potential crash when playing video
- Correctly handle exported paths with ampersands in them (Premiere)
- Allow right-clicking in inputs (e.g. for copy/paste)
- Timeline now keeps clips in view when adding new files
- Files with an embedded thumbnail no longer freeze playback
- Clips are now linked correctly when the timeline starts with a gap (XML, Premiere)
- Tracks are no longer converted to mono during XML export (Premiere)
- Fixed an error reading GoPro 60fps files in DaVinci Resolve
- Fix garbled audio at faster playback speeds
October 11, 2022
- Add support for a few more formats: MPG, MPEG, AVI, AIFF
- Fix a bug where silent segments were skewing out of place when moving clips side-to-side.
- Fix a bug with FCPXML export when files had an undefined colorspace.
September 28, 2022
- Set the colorSpace correctly in FCPXML exports
- Fix audio tracks getting cut short on some files
- Fix a desync issue on some MKV files
August 31, 2022
- Rotated videos should work properly now: in playback, with XML export, and with video export.
- Fixed errors in Final Cut with some WAV files
July 28, 2022
- Fixed a DTD error with FCPXML when filename or path contained a pipe character
- Add support for WEBM files
- Add keyboard shortcuts for File > New and File > open
- Better seeking performance on high bitrate videos
July 27, 2022
- Fixed a problem where vertical videos were getting squished during export (they were exporting with a horizontal resolution).
July 25, 2022
- Added 1.5x playback speed
- Added support for MXF files
- Timeline can now be resized larger, for a better experience on smaller screens.
July 5, 2022
- New: Click Help > Hotkeys for a list of keyboard shortcuts.
- New: Hotkeys for zooming (- and =)
- New: 2x and 4x playback: press L or click the fast-forward button.
- New: Keep and Cut silent and audible segments! Click on segments to select them, drag a box to select multiple, and delete them with Backspace or Delete.
- New: Any/All Toggle - choose whether to cut silence when ANY track is silent, or only when ALL of them are silent.
- Undo and Redo for deleted segments
- Faster, smoother zooming
- Files should load faster
- Fixed wrong audio duration on some files
- Better compatibility with macOS 10.13 and 10.14
June 25, 2022
- On some systems, videos would play back at superspeed and sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. That's fixed now.
June 24, 2022
- Videos should no longer get out of sync after exporting
- Fixed an issue where silent sections could be misaligned from the audio in some files.
June 9, 2022
- Fixed short/missing audio tracks on videos from DJI cameras.
June 8, 2022
- Fixed non-square aspect ratio with XML files in Premiere
- Fixed missing audio and 'importer reported generic error' in Premiere with certain files
June 6, 2022
- Fixed 'Clip not found' error in DaVinci Resolve for files from Panasonic cameras
- Fixed frozen video clips in DaVinci Resolve (when using the .XML export)
- The XML files are smaller now, so Premiere shouldn't hang while working with lots of cuts
- Clips are now linked together in XML exports, so you can select a whole vertical chunk of them like usual
- Fixed the duplicate audio tracks in Premiere XML export
June 1, 2022
- Set the default filename when exporting
- Now using a default framerate of 60fps, which is more compatible with audio-only FCPXML export
- Fixed the 'invalid format' error from Final Cut Pro when importing FCPXML files
- Fixed multiple audio/video sync problems
- Fixed the 'Clip not found' error in DaVinci Resolve
- Fixed glitching/popping/crackly audio during playback and export
- Fixed an 'invalid argument' error when exporting some MP4 files
June 1, 2022
- Fixed how UNC paths are handled on Windows, so Recut should now be able to open files from network drives.
May 31, 2022
- First version of the rewritten app for Mac and Windows